Monday, September 1, 2014

Reading Fair Update

All summer long I meant to post an update on my end-of-the-year Reading Fair project. I guess I got a little too caught up in the freedom of summer and here we are already into the next school year...and still no update!! Well, I am going to keep this short, but I wanted to make sure I posted pictures of some of my favorite Reading Fair projects.

My students did an AWESOME job with this project!! It was obvious that some were better than others and obviously some parents helped and some didn't, but overall almost everyone met my goals of creating a project that represented their book and displayed the information about their book correctly (see previous post for details http://thetrustingteacher.blogspot.com/2014/05/reading-fair.html).

Here are some examples from my 4th graders last year:

Sounder (although this student had an incredible set up, complete with a replica of the setting and blinking lights around the board....she definitely left off the "r" in Sounder)


Because of Win-Dixie- how cute is this display of the front doors of the Winn Dixie!!




Waiting for the Magic- this student was and incredible artist who duplicated the cover on the inside of the board and created it so when you closed up the board there was a picture of the dog from the book (it was difficult to take a picture that accurately showed how cool it was)

When the Butterflies Came


Word After Word- how awesome is this display of important things from the story! 

Holes- covered the board in fake sand and shovels

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory- with candy and a recreation of the book cover


The Fabled Fourth Graders of Aesop Elementary School- all the students' names from the book are around this student's rendition of the cover




The School Story- 3D!


Shooting the Moon- included a display of a battle at the base of the poster and used tiny moon replicas for the O's in the title


The School Story

The Lemonade Crime- unique display of fake lemons, lemonade glass, and other replicas of important things from the book!


I hope these examples might give you some great ideas for implementing this project in your classroom!

With love,
Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment